Searching for order 1070086

A quick learner says:
I bought a replacement spring latch for an aluminum window from Swisco. Item # 90-317. I can't get the old one out or the new one in. Could you tell me again how to do it? Is there a U-tube video showing how it's done.

The channel balances went in easily. I was thrilled!

Thanks!
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:

Thank you for your patience during this busy season. To remove the broken lock in the frame, you will first need to remove the sash. Then, get a putty knife or flat screwdriver and place the tip of it in the groove towards the inside of the broken lock. Now you want to use a hammer to tap it towards the outside of the sash. Once it's out you can simply slide in the new lock.

Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.