Searching for unique channel balance

A quick learner says:

I have old Alcan windows. Single tilt with broken channel balances. on back of channel it says: UNIQUE 10/31/96 15-0(?)-30

The channel is 16"metal end to metal end and true 1/2 " deep x 1/2" wide. there was no nylon guide riveted to top and the bottom has plastic piece riveted flush to bottom. it is 1/2"wide and 5/6" high with a hole in the bottom that the string passed through.

can you help?

I dont know how to attach photos to this. I know how to email pictures if there is an email address you can look at though

Thankyou, Marsha

A quick learner from US says:
Here are the photos
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_2654.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_2688.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_2690.jpg
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:

We appreciate your photos, Marsha. Unfortunately, Unique balance company has gone out of business. For your balances, you should be able to go with our S770-16 balance with a 16C option which holds a sash weight of 10-16 pounds. Look it over and see if this could work for you. 

Profile picture of Paul

Awesome!!! You're so welcome.

A home owner from FL says:
Thankyou a thousand times over. the 770 balance you suggested was perfect. You are BRILLIANT!!! Now I am ordering more to fix the other broken windows of the same size and will attempt the larger windows after that.
A home owner from FL says:
you amazingly got me the channel balances I needed for my small windows. They work great now. Next I have 2 larger alcan windows. Single hung. the old channel balances are 28" long. True 1/2" deep channel by true 1/2" wide. Again,looking just like the other small windows they have no nylon guide on the top and a hard plastic piece riveted on the bottom that the string passes through. the numbers stamped on the back of the channel : UNIQUE 27-D-40
Can you help me out with these puppies?
Profile picture of Paul

If it has the same attachments and is just a different length and stamp, then you can look at S770-28 with a "28D" stamp option.

How to replace a tilt-window channel balance.
How to replace a tilt-window channel balance.
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.