Sears Storm door parts

A quick learner from Maryland says:

I have 2 Sears storm doors, model #948.65111271 and #948.65113271 I need the handle and Latch assembly for both. The kit number from Sears is 17656. The doors are 1 5/8" thick, the 2 outer mounting holes a 1 3/4" on center apart.

Thank you for your help,

Steve 

Profile picture of Casey
Casey from SWISCO responded:

Hi Steve,

As you may know, Sears has been out of the storm door business for quite some time. We'd be happy to research replacement options for you but we would need to see photos of your original handle sets to compare to ours. Thank you!

I had to pull a picture off the internet
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named PD_0042_656_17656.jpeg
Profile picture of Casey

Thank you. Unfortunately, this handle set is discontinued and there is no replacement available unless you are willing to modify your door.

If you don't need outside key access, I would suggest using the 40-130 or the 40-131 latch and deadbolt. Or, if you do want key access, look at the 40-058 or the 40-177 handles. However, replacing this handle set, you will need to drill new holes to accept the key and deadbolt. Thanks for posting! 

Can you tell me if these handles come with the strikes or not?
Profile picture of Casey

Of the four options we related for you, the 40-130 and 40-131 come with keepers. 

A home owner from Tarboro North Carolina says:

My name is Larry 

I need this part for my outer door the part number is 17656.

thanks

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 119260.jpg
Profile picture of Casey

Hello,

Unfortunately, we do not carry a replacement for the external handle of your discontinued assembly but take a look and see if you could modify one fo the handle sets mentioned in this thread to work for you. Thanks for posting. 

A handy person from Tinawanda NY says:
Hello,

I am trying to replace the handle on my mothers door and this is a photo of exact handle. I do not need keys, just parts shown, can you please help. thank you It is a Sears part fro storm door .
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named moms door handle.jpg
Profile picture of Casey

Unfortunately, we do not carry an exact replacement for the discontinued Sears assembly shown in this thread but the handle and deadbolt sets we've related on this page would be our best replacement options. Please note that modifications may be necessary depending on how the specifications shown on our product pages compare to yours. 

A home owner from WA says:
I'm looking for the inside lever portion of this door handle. Would you have any ?
Profile picture of Casey

We do offer the 40-145 inside latch. Take a look at the specifications below to see if this could work for your application. 

Alternate image for 40-145
Alternate image for 40-145

Alternate view of 40-145
Alternate view of 40-145

Dimensions for 40-145
Dimensions for 40-145

How to flip a storm door mortise latch.
How to flip a storm door mortise latch.
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Install a Storm Door Handle with Deadbolt [1080p]
How to Install a Storm Door Handle with Deadbolt [1080p]
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.