Seasonshield Windows

A quick learner from Florida says:
I live in Central Florida and my porch windows were manufactured by Seasonshield (later bought by JeldWen). Many (practically all) the top stop caps have become brittle from the heat and need replacing. Are you familiar with this brand and do I need to replace all the channel guides as well? I am not a handy man although I did replace the channels guides 6-8 years ago. You assistance will be greatly appreciated.

Jim
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named image6.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named image7.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named image4.jpg
Profile picture of Casey
Casey from SWISCO responded:

Hi Jim, I think we can help! It sounds like you need new Top Sash Guides. These are the nylon caps in the top corners of the window sash that keep the channel balances in place. Sunlight and age can cause the Top Sash Guides to weaken and eventually crumble; when this happens, the balances shoot past the sash into the top of the window tracks, just like you're describing. If the Top Sash Guides are all that's broken, then no, you may not need to replace the channel balances at all. 

Now, these guides can vary from window to window, so the best way to know which you need is to produce an undamaged one and show us 'mugshot' pictures of it from the front and side. From there we'll do our best to narrow down what you need. Personally, I'd recommend replacing the guides first. If the windows still don't work, then the channel balances might have also failed. In that case you're going to need either our S351-30 or S390-30; just confirm that the length of the metal channel, not including the fittings on either end, is 30". To determine which series is correct for you, just measure the depth of your bottom plastic shoe attachment. If it's 1", you'll need the Series 351 but if it measures 1-1/8", you'll need the Series 390 balance. For either series, you will choose the 2930 option as determined by your "2930" stamp.

Comparison of 15-001 & 15-002
Comparison of 15-001 & 15-002

Also see the video below that shows how to remove and replace Top Sash Guides. Let us know if you have further questions!  

A quick learner from Flagler Beach says:
Fw: Seasonshield Window Reference # D110593. Here are photos of the Top Sash Guards I need to replace. Width is 1/2" and top cap is 5/8". Is this enough info?

Jim J
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named image1.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named image2.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named image3.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named image4.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named image5.jpg
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:

Thank you! This looks very similar to our 18-127. Many customers with Seasonshield windows have used this as a replacement, as well. Please compare it to your own and let me know what you think.

How to Repair a Jammed Window
How to Repair a Jammed Window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Broken Take Out Clip
How to Replace a Broken Take Out Clip
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Non-Tilt Channel Balance
How to Replace a Non-Tilt Channel Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Top Sash Guide [1080p]
How to Replace a Top Sash Guide [1080p]
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
GUIDE
READ >
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.