Seeking: Casement Window Replacement Operators

A home owner from Brooklyn, NY, United States says:

Hello. We have just bought a home with steel casement windows from the 1930's. The need new casement window replacement operators so we can open and close and lock them properly. (Or else it is possible that if we were able to somehow just replace the mechanism that holds the cranks that could work, but I am guessing it makes more sense to try to buy a whole new operator for each window.

I have attached photos of the windows to this email. Thank you in advance for any assistance you can help us with. My husband is super handy and can understand engineering diagrams and do construction himself but also we have the ability to hire professionals locally but none of the ones we reached out to know where to get the parts. We are hoping you can help. Thank you in advance for your assistance!

With warm regards,

Lee

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Casement window 1 .jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Casement window 1 - close up.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Casement window bathroom .jpg
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:

Hello, Lee. I suggest taking a look at our 39-044 and 39-045 operators, along with the locking handles 38-165 and 38-166. I cannot guarantee that these will work for your windows, which are very old fashioned, but their design is similar to what I see here and I think they're at least worth considering. 

Anatomy of a casement window
Anatomy of a casement window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to identify casement and awning operators
How to identify casement and awning operators
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.