Select proper snap-in AND get instructions to size the glass

A handy person from Hamden, Connecticut says:

Hello,

I like to put new glass into some old aluminum SEAL-RIGHT storms.

The picture "Storm 1" shows a cross section of the old snap-in, where the

associated dimensions are in drawing "Storm Seal-Rite 6...".

As for measuring up the glass, I watch the video which instructed to measure the length between the insides through which the glass passes, see black arrow on the remaining picture, and subtract 1/16". However, it was not clear if the 1/16 had to be subtracted from both sides (so 1/8 total) or just from one.

Thank You, Jacques 

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Storm-seal-right.JPG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Storm 1.JPG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Storm Seal-Rite 6.jpg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Hi there- thanks for reaching out! 

Could I have the dimensions of the finger latch? The rubber glass spline seems to match our 59-067 universal spline. 

A handy person from Hamden, Connecticut says:
Hi. The dimensions of the finger latch are overall (both parts) 3.527. The longer latch part is 2.269. The height is 0.582. You can see it in the photo I sent before

Besides the snap-in issue, I hope you can address my question about how to measure the glass correctly.

Thank you.
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:

I'm afraid I still cannot determine what latch you have. I've related a few different possible replacements to this page. You'll have to remove the original in order to determine which, if any, will work for you. 

On glass size, back when I did glass repairs for storm sashes, I would lay the glass on the sash cut and drop it right into the frame. You do want somewhat of a tight fit. 1/16" of play does sound correct. On a typical storm sash they don't give you too much of a lip for the glass to lay in. You should also use some type of adhesive on the frame to secure the glass. Talk to a hardware store or glass shop in your are to see what type they suggest.

How to install a window screen latch
How to install a window screen latch
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to replace stamped window corner keys.
How to replace stamped window corner keys.
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Re-screen an Andersen Window Screen [1080p]
How to Re-screen an Andersen Window Screen [1080p]
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.