Semco ribbed balances

A quick learner from USa says:

I called Swisco and was recommended that I send pictures. Here are the parts I need to replace. The two balances on each side need replacing and this track that goes in the window frame. This track is the left one as I face the window from the inside. As I mentioned on the phones, the balance has a stamp that says: P 36TG.

I need the three-sided 15-197 shoe.

This is a Semco window that is 72" tall, the lower sash is 35" and the upper is 34".

Thank you very much for the help.

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Jerry knife lock 1.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Jerry knife lock 2 channel.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Jerry knife lock 3.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Jerry Knife lock 4.jpg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

We can supply this balance, but it will have to be a special order because of the blue shoe. Can you just confirm how many balances you need? Once I know that, I'll email you an order link and price quote for that quantity.

Please also note that we don't currently have this blue shoe in stock so there will be a lead time of approximately 2-3 business weeks.

A quick learner from South Bend, Indiana says:
Tom,

For this window I need both sides, left and right.

However, I do have two other windows that I need balances for as well, both for the lower sash. I need a left balance for one and the right balance for the other. The window glass size on these sashes is 27"Hx35"W.

So a total of 4 sashes. You mentioned blue shoes, so the black one you have will not work? Anyway, please send a quote.

Thanks again for all the help.
Profile picture of Tom

Thanks for getting back to me. The black shoe may serve for a little while, but it may ultimately fail over the course of time. We usually like to stick with what was installed originally instead of risking it. 

I will email you an order link and price quote now for two of the 36TG balances. For the other window, can you tell me the length of the metal channel and the stamp printed on it?

These window balances are stamped 28TG and length is 29".
Profile picture of Tom

Perfect, thanks! I'll send that other one over right now then.

Got it, thanks Tom. I found another window that I need a balance for, just like the 28TG and length 29" you just added. I'm on the web site and ready to order, but can't update the quantity. Do you need to change the qty. to 3 for me?
Profile picture of Tom

Yes, we have to change the quantity for you. I'm happy to do so. I'll send you a new order link for 3 right now.

Tom,

I received the balances and they are prefect! In fact I'm going to need a three more of 28TG and length 29" balances. I should have just planed on replacing both sides while I was at it.

I am also going to need left and right pairs of the knifepoint cam pivots. Should I send another picture of them? Would Swisco also have the "S" clip that goes at the top of balance and holds it to the top of the jam?

Jerry
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_1475.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_1476.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_1477.jpg
Profile picture of Tom

Hey, Jerry! I'm glad to hear our balances worked out for you. I'll email you another order link for 3 of the 29" versions right now.

Your old pivot isn't made anymore, but I believe you can use our 26-150 as a replacement. Look it over and see what you think. We do also sell the S-Clips; see our 19-030.

Tom,

Thanks for all your help. Yes, those cams look like they will work. Do you know of others that have used these with Semco double hung? Let's add two sets of the cams and two of the s clips.

Jerry
Profile picture of Tom

Great! I cannot confirm if these will work for you,  unfortunately, just that they appear to be the best options in our inventory.

Okay, let's go ahead and add them to the order.

(3) 29" version balances
(2) 26-150 pairs
(2) 19-030 S clip

Thanks again.

Jerry
Profile picture of Tom

Hey, Jerry. I'm afraid I cannot add parts to your cart, but you should be able to do that as soon as you receive the custom balance quote I emailed to you.

How to install a ribbed tilt channel balance with knife lock shoe
How to install a ribbed tilt channel balance with knife lock shoe
VIDEO
WATCH >
Removing Rusted Pivot Bars
Removing Rusted Pivot Bars
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.