Serching for replacement hardware for Anderson Sliding Door (3 panel)

A quick learner from Butler, PA says:

The glass has a date of 1966 marked on the corner.

All I know is that that the house was built in 1968, so I'm assuming these doors are original.

The door itself is a 3 panel glass unit that is massive. I haven't checked prices yes to replace it, but I'm assuming it would be at least $10,000, which I totally can't afford, so Im doing the best I can to restore it.

The door and window itself are in great shape. The door framing is all wood, so it is easy to repaint. I'm just fining it hard to replaces the actual hardware.

I can take most of the pieces out, clean them, then reinstall them, but there are a few things I cannot fix.

1. The lock, I have on idea where the keys is & would like to have it functioning again.

2. The weather stripping is broken & ineffective. I would love to replace it, but if I have to, I can figure out a fix, so the door seals properly.

Please let me know if you think you can help.

Thanks!

Colin 

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named qthKwlTvTKi8aYf5M2qE0A.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named W3On4bu7R4u4iEQPhPJ1Zw.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named i3IQihJXT16suLBx1r821g.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named qiWEN8dmRGGo+i9Effz5Tg.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named pgVBwO8WSLyZBe4%%1BNzQ.jpg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Hello, Colin! These parts are all quite old. but the good news is that we carry modern equivalents for just about everything you see here. What's more is that the modern parts should be compatible when used with the older parts, so you really only should have to replace the broken parts and keep the rest.

Starting with the key lock, I recommend either our 82-316 (left) or 82-317 (right). The way handing is determined for Andersen doors is based on the operating panel from the outside looking in; so in other words, if the moving door that takes the lock is to your left while you're standing outside, then you want the 82-316. Hopefully that makes sense.

As for the weatherstripping, would you be able to show me a picture of the end profile? Seeing it in undamaged condition would be best; figure that the more broken up it is, the less likely we'll be able to find a match. I know that yours is likely brittle or rotted out so that may be easier said than done, but please try your best. I'm a little less optimistic about getting this seal for you but I will do what I can.

This video may be helpful for you to understand precisely what we need.

Identifying Replacement Weatherstripping
Identifying Replacement Weatherstripping
VIDEO
WATCH >
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to maintain a sliding glass door
How to maintain a sliding glass door
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.