Series 1000 DH

A quick learner from New York says:
I need to replace these plastic corner pieces for the screen frames. I need 24 of them. They are all dried out and broken.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20211128_122422.jpg
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

I am afraid your exact corner key is no longer available. The 95-246 might work as a replacement, but I'm not certain. It is meant for 3/8" thick screens and I suspect yours was 5/16", a non-trivial difference. Take a look, compare the dimensions, and let me know what you think. 

A quick learner from New York says:
I ordered these corners and they do not fit snugly. Is this okay? I am assuming that the screen tension is what keeps everything together so I just want to be sure that these not fitting snugly will not be an issue. Also there are two different types of short aluminum channels on the screens and I want to know is one the top and one the bottom. Channel is open all the way across the bottom and the other is completely closed off. If you look at the attached picture you can see that it is completely open at the bottom and I'm not sure if this is a top or bottom piece as the screens came all unassembled when I purchased the condo.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20211231_091939.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20211231_091741.jpg
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:

Maybe I can help. If the corner 95-246 for a 3/8" thick screen frame is too thin you might be able to use some masking tape to thicken up the leg. Check your screen frame to see if it is in fact 7/16" thick and not 3/8" thick. If the thickness is different, you might want to consider the thicker 95-245B instead. See what you think. 

Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.