Alside Window Series 152 Coil Balance

A home owner from Michigan says:

Hi,

in one of my windows, the two coil balances on one side got tangled and have to be replaced. The parts look exactly like the Series 152 Coil Balance: 1/2" wide, around 38" long if completely unrolled with the same style at the open end. I am not sure about the correct balance though. There is no brand name on the window, but a sticker shows a part number and dimensions. Is that enough for you to work with? Any help is highly appreciated.

One more thing: The window weights 25 pounds. There are 2 coils on each side. Can I just divide 25 by 4 to determine the correct part? Should I use two of the same kind or can I mix 6 and 7 pounds?

Best regards,

André

Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:

The best way to go about confirming whether or not the Series 152 coil springs will work for your window would be to see photos of the coil as well as the remainder of the balance system; pivot shoe, coil support, and anything else that holds your coils together. With all that information, I am confident we can get back to you with our best recommendation. 

A home owner from Michigan says:
The other parts I have also look like the ones that are linked on your web page. I went ahead and placed an order.
How to Replace a Triple Coil Balance System
How to Replace a Triple Coil Balance System
VIDEO
WATCH >
Removing a Triple Coil Window Balance
Removing a Triple Coil Window Balance
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.