Series 180 Coil Balance

A home owner from Calgary, Alberta, Canada says:
To whom it may concern, I have a broken coil and believe its a Series 180 and I do not know how to remove it from the track to service once I order parts. There is no notch cut out or access port like others described in the window frame.

These windows are purchased from Gienow windows in 2000-2001.

Can I just replace the spring once out? There was a 4 on the damaged one.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Sincerely,
Dan

User submitted photos of window hardware.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Hey, Dan. If the springs are the only things that are damaged then you could get away with replacing them alone. As for removing the pivot shoe housing, it will be tricky without a pre-existing cut out. Make sure to check at the top of the track, under the sash stop. Otherwise, you may need something like our 75-069 jamb spreaders. See the video below for more information.
How to remove window pivot shoes
How to remove window pivot shoes
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Triple Coil Balance System
How to Replace a Triple Coil Balance System
VIDEO
WATCH >
Removing a Triple Coil Window Balance
Removing a Triple Coil Window Balance
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.