Series 305 spiral balance

A quick learner from Katy TX says:
I only get red tip as an option. However, from the part I see I will need a green tip.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Before we custom make your balance, can you confirm the weight of your window sash? That will help us be absolutely certain that we are making the correct balance.
A quick learner from Cypress, TX says:
Hello,
Like the customer in Katy (not far from me), I have a Series 305 style but it has green tip. I am placing an order for 16 red tip 29" balances, but an upstairs window is larger and has green tip and also is 29" and the same style connection.

I saw you asked for the weight, prompting my second question: how do you remove the sash? Mine don't have release clips. Windows are 10 years old, no brand that I can find. Can you help splain how to remove so I can weigh it?
Thank you,
Dan
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
I believe you have builder's grade windows that doesn't permit you to remove the sash. To weigh it, you have to disengage the balances from the sash so that the sash slides freely. Then, get your bathroom scale, place it on the sill and then gently lower the sash on it. You might need a book or two to level it. It's not ideal, but it should give you a good idea.

If your window sash weighs between 14 through 26 pounds, then you definitely need a Green Tip. Check out this spiral balance request form that I've started for you based on these specifications and fill out the rest of the information. One of our representatives will get back to you shortly thereafter with a price quote and an item to add to your cart.
How to Identify a Replacement Spiral Balance
How to Identify a Replacement Spiral Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to choose the proper spiral balance tip color
How to choose the proper spiral balance tip color
GUIDE
READ >
How to adjust a spiral balance on a non-tilt window
How to adjust a spiral balance on a non-tilt window
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.