Series 385 Channel Balances vs Series 380 Channel Balances

A quick learner from California says:
Only different between these 2 parts is the bottom and it's a 3/32 different. I think my part is the 385 series. If I'm not sure, should I error on the smaller size and choose the 380 or error on the larger size and choose 385 ? Lastly, the 16 inch balance, what is the normal weight support ? I couldn't tell from the marking on the balance.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:

Take a look at the diagram of the two bottom balance shoes for the Series 380 and Series 385. The depth between the two is a little different. You will need to measure the depth of your bottom shoe and compare it to both pieces to determine which one is the better match. As for the stampings, your part should have a stamping or marking. If it does not, then you will need to remove your sash, weigh it on a scale, and refer to the chart on the store page. 

Comparison of 15-004 and 15-005
Comparison of 15-004 and 15-005

Stamp Option Sash Weight Range

1510 4 to 6 lbs

1520 6 to 10 lbs

1530 10 to 12 lbs

1540 12 to 13 lbs

1550 13 to 17 lbs

*This information is based on 2 balances per sash. Balances are designed assuming friction in the jamb weather-strip will carry a portion of the sash weight. Suggested sash weights are approximate.

How to Replace a Non-Tilt Channel Balance
How to Replace a Non-Tilt Channel Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Repair a Jammed Window
How to Repair a Jammed Window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Channel Balance Attachment
How to Replace a Channel Balance Attachment
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
GUIDE
READ >
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
GUIDE
READ >
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.