Series 775 balance maintenance

A quick learner from Hernando says:

I have what appears to be a swisco series 775 balance. I have 2 questions, 

1. is there any way to do maintenance on these as some of them seem sticky and 

2. I have at least 1 that needs to be replaced because the shoe does not hold, I remove the window and it retracts to the top. My balance is stamped with 34A with a 1-1/4 in shoe. I do not see that as an option on your page.

Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Hi there- thanks for posting! 

Could we see some photos of your balance please? This will help us to better determine exactly what you have. Given that there isn't the 34A option, this could be a custom balance that you need. 

A quick learner from MS says:
here are the requested photo's
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Shoe.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named upper Spring.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Stamp number.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Whole length outside.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Lower area inside.jpg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Thank you! That 34A option is a little weird, but we can still make it. We would basically use our S770-34  with a 34A option, and then install the same 1-1/4" shoe at the end. I will email you a special order link and price quote right now for 2 of these, which is our minimum.

You can also spray the springs on your old balances with WD-40 to clean them and take the stickiness off . Then give the springs a light coat of oil.  That may help.

How to install a S775 balance
How to install a S775 balance
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.