Arrow Balance ID

A landlord from N. Carolina says:

I have purchased these parts from you folks in the past and hope maybe you still have some inventory. This is for a small over the sink window and looks like its 17.5" long. Only need (2)

If not what can I use as a substitute?

Correction: I believe the part is an S860 black cap and 1-1/4" shoe Arrow balance

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_3004.jpg
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

These old arrow balances aren't made anymore, but you can replace this particular one with our Series 775 Channel Balance. Measure the length of the rod, not including the wedge shoe, to confirm the length you need. You will need the exact weight of the window sash to know what stamp option to select, as well as the size of your wedge shoe. Let me know if you have any other questions.

The sash weight is 9.25 pounds
The rod length is 15-5/16" (see picture)
The show size is 1-1/4" x 1/2" (see pictures)

Will I have to modify the window channel to fit the new hardware in and if so how?

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_3011.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_3014.jpg
Profile picture of Bob

Thanks for getting back to me. Based on the information you've provided, I think the S775-16, with a stamp option of 16B and 1-1/4" Wedge Shoe, should work for you. Let me know if you have any other questions.

Do I have to modify the track to fit the new balance in and if so how?
Profile picture of Bob

No. The Series 775 should be a 1 to 1 replacement with your old balance. No other modification needed. 

How to install a S775 balance
How to install a S775 balance
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.