Series 900 Single Hung Window

A home owner from Sarasota, Fl. says:
I have 3 identical windows in my new home. 2 of which need repaired. they all seem to be in different situations. 1 has no sash guides. The second has a balance of some sort and is inoperable I can't even move or disassemble the sash. The third which seems to be functioning perfectly. I cannot figure out how to remove the sash to identify the parts.

These are NuAir Brand single hung 900 Series. Glass dimensions are 23" high x32" wide. Spec DH-R30 MST 4565 Forced Entry Resistant.

Can you help? I'm pretty handy but don't want to break anything. Below are pictures of my balances. I'll need enough to do two full windows. They are 1/2" wide. Just need to know what the difference is between a 2420 and a 2430.

Thanks
A customer submitted photo of channel balance attachments.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for posting. The 2420 stamp carries sash weights from 9 to 15 LBS, while the 2430 stamp option carries sash weights from 15 to 19 LBS. This information is based on 2 balances per sash. Balances are designed assuming friction in the jamb weather-strip will carry a portion of the sash weight. Suggested sash weights are approximate. I recommend that you take a look at our S385-25 with a 2420 stamp option and see what you think. Please make sure that the dimensions of the attachments match that of your own.

As for the missing top sash guides, could you remove the top sash guides from one of the operating windows and upload a few pictures of them? You say that they are identical, so that would be your best bet. If we see a picture of them, we should be able to help you out.
How to Replace a Channel Balance Attachment
How to Replace a Channel Balance Attachment
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Repair a Jammed Window
How to Repair a Jammed Window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Broken Take Out Clip
How to Replace a Broken Take Out Clip
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Non-Tilt Channel Balance
How to Replace a Non-Tilt Channel Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
VIDEO
WATCH >
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
GUIDE
READ >
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
GUIDE
READ >
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.