Setback

A professional from Farmington, NM says:
I'm searching for the same part (Pat# 5,139,291) however my customer's window latch is set up a little different than most that I'm seeing. The catch/keeper on the bottom of the clip body needs about a 3/8" setback. Can you tell me how far from the outside edge of the body (not the top plate or the finger latch itself) your catch/keeper is on this replacement part? I'd love to attach a picture, but the keeper tab is broken off.
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:

Without photos of your old tilt latches I can't be certain what you need. However, when you say you need a 3/8" set back on the tilt catches. I believe you might have a set which we no longer carry and I believe are no longer available. Now, look at the related photos on the web site of the 26-243. You will see by viewing the underside of the latch that the "nose catch" lines up with the bottom base. Take a look at the surface mounted tilt latches like the 26-228 and the 26-435 to see if you could use one of these or any that we carry on the web site. If you can send us some photos of one of the tilt latches that are not broken, preferably out of the window, we'll see if we can find something better. 

How to Replace a Window Tilt Latch
How to Replace a Window Tilt Latch
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
Replace an Internal Latch with a Surface Mounted Latch [1080p]
Replace an Internal Latch with a Surface Mounted Latch [1080p]
VIDEO
WATCH >
Styles of Tilt Window Latches
Styles of Tilt Window Latches
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.