Shaw Part stamped Made in UK RH

A contractor from Madison, WI says:
Looking for this operating mechanism.
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:

I don't believe your operator is still made. Instead, take a look at the Truth EntryGard 39-031 along with the list of parts I've made for you on this page. This may work as a substitute, but I cannot guarantee it. I'm sorry we couldn't offer a better match.

A quick learner from Ottawa, Ontario, Canada says:

Hello,

A house was recently purchased in Ottawa, Ontario, Canada, with casement windows to each side of the picture window of the living room. The operating mechanisms of both casements are non-functioning ? stripped gears are suspected.

Now for the unusual part: in addition to opening and closing the window, the operating mechanisms (photo IMG_4443.jpg) are also connected to a guideway at the lower corner (photo IMG-1311.jpg). The guideway contains a flexible metal strip that follows around the corner, and connects to the 5-point locking bar. There is also an indicator built into the operator, that indicates "locked" or "unlocked". It is obvious that the operating mechanism is intended to lock the window after closing it, and to unlock it before opening it.

The operator is stamped with "SHAW" inside a rhombus logo, and a stamping (photo IMG-1309a.jpg) with

" RH

PATENT APPLIED FOR

MADE IN UK"

Are you able to provide replacements, or recommendations on substitute operators and locks?

Thank you,

John

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_4450.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG-1309a.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG-1311.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_4443.jpg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Hello, John. I'm afraid this operator is entirely discontinued and no longer made, as mentioned above. We have no confirmed replacement. My colleague, Dave, made a list of potential replacement but personally I'm not optimistic that you could get these to work without a lot of handiwork. 

If that's a route you want to take then I would definitely recommend having a local professional do the job for you. Even then, there's no guarantee that these will work.

Watch How To Repair A Casement Window Crank Operator
Watch How To Repair A Casement Window Crank Operator
VIDEO
WATCH >
Connecting a casement window operator to stud bracket
Connecting a casement window operator to stud bracket
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Orient a Dual-Arm Operator
How to Orient a Dual-Arm Operator
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a casement window
Anatomy of a casement window
VIDEO
WATCH >
SWISCO Window Operator Crank Handles
SWISCO Window Operator Crank Handles
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a 2-Bar Hinge Set on a Casement Window
How to Replace a 2-Bar Hinge Set on a Casement Window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to identify casement and awning operators
How to identify casement and awning operators
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.