I am having trouble installing my new spiral balances

A quick learner says:
I am having trouble installing my new balances into this shoe. I can only seem to get the balance in the shoe by tilting the balance downward before I screw it in. Then I have to charge it by spinning the whole balance before I screw it in which is extremely difficult.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 82E35C59-B437-4303-BAF9-F77EE0A9B229.jpeg
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

Did you purchase a 75-006 Charging Tool? You should be able to fasten the top of the spiral balance to the window jamb first, then use the charging tool to extend the rod, charge it properly, then connect it to the pivot shoe. See the video below.

A quick learner says:
I do have that tool. But the shoe that I have doesn't have enough room to insert the balance. It seems like the only to get the pegs in the shoe is to go from underneath but the only way to do that is to have the balance unfastened.
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

I am afraid I'm still not quite sure what you mean. From what I can see this pivot shoe should function fine with a spiral balance. Let me ask you this--are you certain you ordered the proper replacement spiral balances? Did you order the Series 600, which have an outer tube diameter of 5/8"; or the Series 900, which have a diameter of 3/8" on the outer tube? Let me see your old and new balances if you're uncertain. 

How to replace a tilt window spiral balance.
How to replace a tilt window spiral balance.
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to adjust a spiral balance on a tilt window
How to adjust a spiral balance on a tilt window
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.