Shoes and balances window rehab

A home owner from USA says:
Our home was built in 1981 and we still have the original windows. It has aluminum windows made by Better Bilt Windows, which is no longer in business.

We have several windows that need new pivot shoes (see pictures). They seem to be most similar to your part number 15-045, but our measurements are slightly different. Ours actually measures 1-7/8" x 15/16" x 3/8", which is just a little bit off the measurements listed on your website.

Also, we have one window that definitely needs a new spiral balance. (I will order a pair.) My husband said he took one out of that window years ago. The remaining spiral balance measures 3/8" in diameter and 28" long. I am pretty sure the tip is red, as all of our other windows are red. (It is a hard window to get to and remove, so I do not have a picture of it.)

Unfortunately, the screw and the bracket that were attached to the spiral balance at the top are also missing. I am including a picture from another window showing what the pieces look like, both in and out. The screw goes through the bracket and the spiral balance and then into the window frame. The bracket is 1-7/8" long. I forgot to measure the screw, but I am thinking it was about an inch long. (Also, you can see from the one picture that the spiral balance has a red tip, as do the rest of the windows we looked at.) In the event you do not have the "bracket", do you think the spiral balance will work okay without it?

I want to make sure that I order the right parts...pivot shoes, spiral balances, as well as a screw and bracket, if you have them. Please let me know what you recommend!
User submitted photos of window hardware.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Yes, the dimensions we have listed for our 15-045 is accurate. Please triple check your own measurements to confirm that they are accurate. You are only 1/16" off from ours. Is it possible yours has just worn down a little?

As for the balance, see our Series 900 spiral balance. I think this will match what you have.

We do not carry the sash stop, but it is not necessary for your window to function. It just prevents the window from rising too high. This can be accomplished with having only one sash stop on each side, actually.
How to replace a tilt window spiral balance.
How to replace a tilt window spiral balance.
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Remove a Pivot Shoe (Cutout Method)
How to Remove a Pivot Shoe (Cutout Method)
VIDEO
WATCH >
Swisco's 15-045 Pivot Lock Shoe
Swisco's 15-045 Pivot Lock Shoe
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to remove window pivot shoes
How to remove window pivot shoes
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Identify a Replacement Spiral Balance
How to Identify a Replacement Spiral Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
Removing Rusted Pivot Bars
Removing Rusted Pivot Bars
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to choose the proper spiral balance tip color
How to choose the proper spiral balance tip color
GUIDE
READ >
How to adjust a spiral balance on a tilt window
How to adjust a spiral balance on a tilt window
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.