Shower door sweep

A handy person from Missouri says:
I need to find this door sweep for my Shower door. The t bar slides into a track on the bottom side of the door and then goes shut to keep water from splashing out the bottom of the glass framed door. I bought like 6 ft of it in the past but can't remember where I got it from. Please let me know if you have anything that looks like this. The T is about 1/4 inch wide and the entire sweep down from the T is 3/4 inch wide and the entire piece with the T smashed against it is 7/8 inch wide. I need about 22 inches to go along the bottom of the shower door.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 28720541-A2C0-4F8A-9929-4C407C472F34.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 0FD9C467-6539-47A4-9029-902295624A2D.jpeg
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for writing in. Unfortunately, we don't carry a shower sweep with a T-Slot that wide. Could you replace the entire drip rail with something like our 10-324? Look it over and let me know what you think.

Thank you for your help. My shower is gold color, so a SS color drip sweep would not work. Appreciate the help though.

How wide is the T Bar on your standard door sweep Product code ?

It is like 1 1/8 inch total in width. I have used one like that before in this application, but the store that I bought them at stopped carrying them.

Let me know.

Thanks,
Craig
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for getting back to us, Craig, and for clarifying. We don't really have a standard shower door sweep. Most shower door sweeps are actually pointedly non-standard. The trouble with shower doors is that a manufacturer will produce a door series for only a brief time before discontinuing it entirely, or even just going out of business. That makes it difficult for companies like us to stock everything. It also means that the hardware used on every different shower door is entirely different.

We have two options that you could consider. Our 10-313 and 10-321. The 10-321 has a 5/32" top, which isn't far from 1/4". It's also a little shorter but some shower doors can be adjusted up and down. If yours can, as well, then that could be used to compensate.

We also have the 10-313, which basically has the same story. This has the added benefit of a secondary 7/32" installation "T" which can be used if 5/32" is too small.

Look these two sweeps over and let me know what you think.

What is the width of the rubber piece from your standard door sweep? I would pull the rubber piece out of the standard door sweep and just use it. The total height is 1 3/8 inch but what is the height of just the grey vinyl piece that has the T bar on the top? Thanks Craig
Profile picture of Tom

Oh, I see. Are you referring to the 10-321 drip rail? If so, the vinyl sweep is not meant to be removed from the rail. I believe that they're pinned in place. 

We do sell it separately though, under our 10-327. This also has a 5/32" top, but it's not T shaped. I'm not sure how well it would fit in your own drip rail. I don't think this has any advantages over the other two I recommended.

Tom,

No actually I am referring to this one.

STANDARD DOOR SWEEP, MILL
Product Code: 40-005

I can't tell how wide the vinyl portion of this one is? It looks like it might work. I know that they aren't designed to be removed, but I have purchased a similar one and just pulled the vinyl out and used it. Just want to know the height of this vinyl piece.

Thanks,
Craig
Profile picture of Tom

Ah, I see. Well, the vinyl part of the 40-005 is about 1" tall in total, but only 13/16" from the center of the "T" to the bottom. I've never heard of anyone using this for a shower door, but if you were able to get it to work we'd love to hear confirmation.

SWISCO Shower Drip Rail with Sweep
SWISCO Shower Drip Rail with Sweep
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.