Shower door sweep rubber replacement

A quick learner from NJ says:

Hi,

I purchased this and cut it to the required dimensions to make it fit my old shower door. But now the door does not close and gets stuck mid-way.

To confirm that the rubber strip is the issue, I removed it and installed only the aluminum sweep and the door closes perfectly. So I cut the rubber strip length-wise to make it slimmer but that also did not solve the problem.

Please advise.

Thanks!

Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

It definitely sounds like the rubber sweep is the issue. I'm not sure what else you could do aside from cutting it down even further than it is now, assuming that the height is what's making it stuck. What was the height of your old vinyl sweep?

A quick learner from NJ says:
I have cut the new strip to almost the same size as the old one but still the same problem.
The difference I see is that the old one is thinner and more flexible while the new one is thicker and less flexible.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

That would be an issue. I'm afraid we don't have any alternate version of the 10-324 with a thinner sweep. We've never had a request for that before. Pretty much all of  our shower door sweeps are the same size, in terms of thickness.

I'm still not sure that would cause this much of a problem, though. I've walked hundreds of customers with all kinds of different doors through installing the 10-324 on their shower without running into this issue. If the sweep was so inflexible that it wouldn't allow a door to shut, I feel like I'd have run into this problem before. Assuming the sweep fits in the space provided, and assuming the thickness and stiffness of the sweep is the primary issue, then everyone's door would get stuck halfway using this part. 

It's possible that you just need a sweep designed a very specific way for your door, something unique to the company who made it. If you know who that might be, and if they're still in business, then you may need to go to them directly. I'm sorry we cannot offer a different solution.

SWISCO Shower Drip Rail with Sweep
SWISCO Shower Drip Rail with Sweep
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.