Shower leaking through the opening where hinges are

A home owner from Washington, dc says:

Hi ,

Even with the door closed the shower is leaking through the openings where the hinges are. Additionally, it leaks out the bottom. Can you recommend different plastic/vinyl seals or in liner to put on the bottom and in the area where the hinges are? We will eventually replace the bathroom but would likely a solution for at least the next 6 mos, if possible.

Thank you so much,

Rachael

Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:

Huh. I'm not why the hinge area is leaking, Rachael. The installation looks good, and the doors to be look in great shape, thanks to your maintenance. I'm not sure by the photos, but it looks like you might be missing the bottom drip rail and rubber sweep, something like 10-325. Take a look and see if this might help your water leakage problem.

Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:

Yes, it is! The recommended way is to screw it on. If you have existing screw-holes, that's possible. You might need to drill new holes into the sweep to facilitate it, though.

To avoid any modification, you can use double-sided waterproof tape. It sounds like a strange product, but you should be able to find it at most hardware stores. It gets used to attach things to shower doors all the time! Screws are more permanent, but tape works fine if you give it enough time for the adhesive to set.

A home owner from Washington, dc says:
Paul,

I think you may be correct. Is installation of this piece fairly straightforward?

Thank you,

Rachael
SWISCO Shower Drip Rail with Sweep
SWISCO Shower Drip Rail with Sweep
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.