Shower pivot

A handy person from Enterprise, Alabama says:

Trying to figure out what happened to my shower door. The house I live in is at least 40 years old. Have lived in it the past 10 years and have taken a shower everyday during that time.

Recently as I fiished and opened the door to step out, the shower door felt like it came of the top pivot. Fortunately the shower door seemed to secure itself, but it was definitely way out of alignment.

I have attached several photos...one shooting back along the top frame to the inside of the stall, another shooting from the inside of the stall along the top frame (that photo is darker so I lightened it up so you could see inside the track.

I cannot tell if the pivot block had broken, or there is a bushing that imply wore out. I could find not pieces of anything inside the stall or on the bathroom floor.

Hope you can identify what might have happened and point me to a part or some other solution.

Thank you.

S.C. 

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_1055.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_1056.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_1058.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_1058a_LIGHTER.jpg
Profile picture of Casey
Casey from SWISCO responded:

Hello,

We carry one shower door hinge kit, the 10-081, but I'm not confident that it would work for your door since your pivot rests inside the door frame. With that being said, review the specifications shown below and on our product page to see what you think. Thanks for posting. 

Dimensions for 10-081
Dimensions for 10-081

Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.