ShowerRite Side by Side Shower Door Rollers

A quick learner from Rapid City, SD says:

Two of the rollers on this shower door finally gave out. The roller surface is flat and I think 3/4" is the size. I think the thickness of the roller could be important. I think the rollers from Product Code 10-152 looks closest. I would just remove the rollers from the bracket. Do you think that looks to be best option?

Jim 

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 2BC2A390-4035-4C63-9C73-56023D80DE36.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named A0DCEFA5-7529-4FF8-B602-837C9146326A.jpeg
Profile picture of Casey
Casey from SWISCO responded:

Hello,

Have you seen the 10-153 shower door handle? This part wraps around the glass as shown in your photo and has the same 3/4" diameter flat wheel that you need. Review the specifications below and see what you think. Thank you! 

Alternate image for 10-153
Alternate image for 10-153

A quick learner from Millersville, MD says:
Hello- does this recommended solution require a hole in the glass?

Can this be drilled?

I need the same part as Jim, but can adapt to this part if compatible. My glass is monolithic with no holes.
Profile picture of Casey

Yes, the 10-153 does require a hole in the glass, although we do not recommend trying to make one if it doesn't have one already. If the housing is still in good shape, you could consider replacing the wheel with something like the 10-142 depending on the diameter of the original. 

Alternate view of 10-142
Alternate view of 10-142

A quick learner from Rapid City, SD says:
I used the brackets existing on the door and removed the rollers from the parts that you sent. The change made a tremendous difference. Now, the doors like easily, with a single finger on the handle. Night and day difference. Thankyou.
Profile picture of Casey

That's great to hear! Thanks for getting back to us with the results of your repair. Hopefully, it will help other customers in your position feel more confident. Please let us know if there is anything else that we can help you with. 

A quick learner from New York says:
Do you have this item in 2" to 2.25" in height?
Profile picture of Casey

Hello,

We'd be happy to help but I'm not sure which part you're referring to. Are you asking about the height of the 10-153 housing or possibly the diameter of the 10-142 shower wheel? Thank you. 

Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.