Shwinco Single Hung Window Balances needed

A contractor from Lake city Florida says:
Need a left and right bottom balance, window sash does tilt. Is there a special tool to install ?
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20200115_153515.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20200115_153528.jpg
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for posting. This looks a Coil Balance system. Coil balances are identified by the pivot shoe in the window. This looks like our 15-087 Coil Housing shoe, along with the 15-086 Tandem Coil Housing. This system uses our Series 180 Coil balances. You'll need to remove the coil balances out of the housing assembly and look for stamp codes on the tape; they'll tell you what spring weights you need. If there are none, or you are uncertain, give us the exact weight of your window sash, and we'll work out what you need. For information on removing and replacing your coil balance system, see the video below. While a different style unit, the principles are essentially the same. 

Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)