Silverline casement hardware replacement

A home owner from Curaçao Dutch West Indies, CW says:

My name is Erwin and the owner of one of the 52 dwellings in the resort. The developer is no longer in business. Th windows were of the Silver libe casement series. Problem is to get replacement parts. I am sending you some pictures of the windows including the problem. Hopefully you will b able to help me (us). If you do not supply the part(s) you may be able to give me a hint where to look.

If I need to buy a complete mechanism that will be no problem.

--142427-j is the broken part. If I have o buy the complete mechanism - 120010-j that will b no problem.

Regards,

Erwin 

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20220924_142427.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20220924_143037.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20220928_120010.jpg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Hello, Erwin! I'm very confident that we can supply all the parts you need for this project. 

Starting with the hinge, my recommendation would be the 36-048. This won't be exactly the same as your original assembly but as long as you replace the top and bottom then it should work perfectly well. Note that those black guides are part of the hinge assembly and not sold separately.

As for the operator, I believe yours is a match for our 39-220B. Review its specs below to confirm. Note that is is designed to work with a cover/handle set like our 39-376. I think this is what you have now, and so it can be reused, but I thought I'd mention it just in case. We also sell the 39-221B for the opposite side.

Detail of 39-220B
Detail of 39-220B

A home owner from Curaçao Dutch West Indies, CW says:

Dear Sir,

A couple of days ago I reacted to your mail saying that I needed to check my measurement with yours.

For the hinges you recommended 3-048 and I noted that the length is 10". The length of my present hinge is 13". I saw that you also have a part 36-049 with a length of 14" I wonder if the 36-049 will not be a better match. Please comment.

I noticed that 39-220B and 39-376 are the correct matches. let me know your opinion about the 36-049 and then I will place my order, which is not a bog one but guaranteed more homeowners will be happy to order from oy in the future.

regards,

erwin

Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Hello, Erwin! I agree, if your hinge is that size then I think 36-049 would be a better option.

We appreciate your consideration, your business means a lot! Please let me know if you had any other questions.

How to Replace a 2-Bar Hinge Set on a Casement Window
How to Replace a 2-Bar Hinge Set on a Casement Window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to install an Encore dyad operator
How to install an Encore dyad operator
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a casement window
Anatomy of a casement window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to identify casement and awning operators
How to identify casement and awning operators
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.