Similar to 82-239

A handy person from Mission Viejo says:
I have two styles of Superior Windows sliding doors (they are now out-of-business) - 9800 which use the 82-239 mortise lock and 9900 which use something similar. I need to replace the multi-point mortise on the 9900. The dimensions are the same as the 82-239, but the mounting holes for the face plate are different, the keeper is very different (1-1/4" wide and 1/4" deeper), and the reach on the two catches is about 1/4" longer. I think I can make the 82-239 work by putting a 1-1/2" x 1/4" aluminum bar behind he catch but would rather not do this.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Before we get started, can you send some pictures of the unidentified mortise? We'd like to see it before we compare any dimensions.
A handy person from Mission Viejo says:
Photos attached
User submitted photos of a mortise lock.
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:
These pictures are a huge help, thank you. I agree that our 82-239 looks like the closest match we have. You can adjust the hooks on the 82-239 by turning the adjustments screws, that should move the hooks in or out, as needed. I'm afraid we do not carry your exact keeper. Take a look at the 82-249, this is the what the manufacturer recommends for the 82-239. That said, your old keeper might still work with the 82-239 latch, if its reusable.
A professional from CA says:
It is unlikely the old keeper will work with the new handle.
You should be able to catch one side or the other, but not both.
How to adjust a sliding glass door
How to adjust a sliding glass door
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to maintain a sliding glass door
How to maintain a sliding glass door
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.