Simnton Pivot Shoe ID

A home owner from Darlington, Maryland says:

Looking for a Simonton tilt out pivot lock shoe, mine are broken...a poorly designed nylon part to a good window.

Looks like a 15-192; 7/8" wide X 1 1/4" wide

is a metal one made? You all are out of stock as is everyone else that sells these...looks like 10 years is the limit on replacement windows and their parts.

Kirk

Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Hi, Kirk. These aren't made in metal, unfortunately. No pivot shoe I know of is made in metal and I don't think any manufacturer would be interested in doing that anytime soon. 

The 15-192 does replace the old Simonton shoe, in my experience, but keep in mind that it is technically Certainteed brand, not Simonton. In my experience, it's sometimes necessary to reuse the metal cam from the original shoe so that the Certainteed version works with the old pivot bar properly. Not always, but sometimes. Just keep it in mind and don't throw out your old ones.

SWISCO S170 and S171 Coil Balance Assembly
SWISCO S170 and S171 Coil Balance Assembly
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to remove window pivot shoes
How to remove window pivot shoes
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.