Simonton Balance Assembly parts

A quick learner from North Wales Pa 19454 says:

Hi,

Went to clean my double hung Simonton windows and realized that all my balance assemblies in all windows are broke. 21 windows. The plastic piece that holds the metal pin connector cracked in half. I'll be fixing one at a time.

For the first window, I'll need 4 total assemblies. The coil is 3/4 inch wide and needs to travel at least 17 inches. I double checked and there was no part numbers on the coil. The sash weighs 11 lbs. I think I'll need new pins too. Included photos of the measurements.

If you could help identify the exact parts I need, I'll start ordering. Thanks for any help!

Sincerely

Kevin 

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 167E5D4C-42B1-41B0-8DF4-33A8A9FFCEBE.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named EAED9641-8E95-4173-AA98-1F42A1F12C1F.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named D6707C8E-DD95-4F51-A74F-F73A26419DAA.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 7A68ED10-7BE6-4EA0-A459-AE47835B5100.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 2106A377-83C1-43B0-A77C-AF2940DDF979.jpeg
Profile picture of Casey
Casey from SWISCO responded:

Hello,

Take a look at our conversion video below, which shows the parts that we recommend to replace the Simonton coil balance assembly shown in your photos. For an 11-pound sash, I would recommend using one S159-5 coil on each side. Thanks for posting! 

Thanks so much!! Thanks for the quick reply! I just placed an order to fix this one window.

So, for the rest of the 20 broken Simonton windows, all the parts should be the same, except I'll need to make sure I get the correct weight rated Coil based on the weight of my window. Is this correct? So, I weigh my window, dived that by 2....this will be the Coil Weight I would buy (2 for each window...). Please let me know if this is correct. Thanks again for the help!

Sincerely,
Kevin
Profile picture of Casey

As long as all of the windows use the same type of balance hardware shown in your photos, that would be correct. Just keep in mind that if any of your sashes are heavier than our individual coils can support, you may need to use more than one on each side. For example, a 20-pound window sash could use two 5-pound coils on each side, which would support the same amount of weight as using one 10-pound coil on each side. 

Perfect. Thanks again for all the help. You make fixing windows very easy!!!
Thanks again for all your help. You make fixing windows very easy!
Profile picture of Casey

We appreciate your kind words and your business. Please let us know if you have any other questions or repairs that we can assist you with. 

How to replace a Simonton coil balance
How to replace a Simonton coil balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to remove window pivot shoes
How to remove window pivot shoes
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
Removing Rusted Pivot Bars
Removing Rusted Pivot Bars
VIDEO
WATCH >
Replacing the Simonton Coil Balance
Replacing the Simonton Coil Balance
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.