Simonton Cam Lock

A home owner from Columbus, OH says:
I'm wondering if Part 90-278 is what I need to replace my broken cam locks on Simonton double hung windows purchased 10+ years ago. See picture attached. As far as I can tell, the measurements match up. What do you think? Randy
User submitted a photo of a window lock.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Hello, Randy. Before we recommend a replacement, can you confirm the distance between the two installation holes, measured from center-to-center? Can you also give me the hole center backset? Thanks!
On the main piece, center to center is 2 and 1/16". Just a hair over 2". I'm not sure what your second question means, but I'ts basically the same measurement.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Thank you! Our 90-161 seems to match the same hole spacing, and has a 7/16" backset (the distance between the glass-facing edge of the lock and the center of an installation hole). Check it out and see if you agree.
Thanks Tom; I think you're right. If only it came in beige!
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
If it's beige you want then perhaps our 90-077A and 90-177 would work better. These have the same measurements as the 90-161 set.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.