Simonton Handle with 5/16" Spline

A handy person from ATASCADERO, CA says:
Greetings!

The 39-376 window crank I purchased will not work. See attached. Our Simonton window requires a crank that can accept a 5/16" spline. The one purchased is for a 1/4" spline. It also appears to be a little shorter than the original.

Do you have one that will work for me?

Thanks, Tim
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Screenshot 2023-01-23 145116.png
Profile picture of Jasmine
Jasmine from SWISCO responded:

The measurement of the spline for this handle and cover set is 11/32". As is the case for all Truth Hardware crank handles. Unfortunately, this is no 5/16" spline handle that would be compatible with your operator.

Can you give a more detailed description of why the part didn't fit?

Also, may I see a photo of the entire operator as well as the original cover?

A home owner from ATASCADERO, CA says:
Greetings! The handle purchased would not go onto the operator spline. The spline opening was too small. The size difference can been seen in the image.
Profile picture of Jasmine
Jasmine from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for confirming.

After a thorough review of your photos, we've determined we are, unfortunately, unable to provide a replacement for the type of crank handle you have. For the type of spline you have, the largest size we have is 11/32".

We do have cranks with a 5/16" spline, however, they have a hexagonal shape, unlike our handles that have a circular spline.

Sorry we can't be of more help!

Let me know if you have any questions.

Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.