Simonton Hinge

A handy person from SC says:

Simonton casements crank out window (R.H. SWING), the plastic top hinge broke allowing the window to fall out a little.

Need to find the entire top bracket that holds the plastic pivot hinge and also the top arm if possible.

I would appreciate any help you can offer.

Thanks

Don

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named window repair.JPG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named window repair 3.JPG
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

Hi Don. See our 36-004-10 10" Hinge Set or 36-004-14 14" set. Depending on the size of your original hinge set one of these might work for you. Take a look and see what you think. 

A handy person from SC says:

Thanks for your quick reply. the stainless-steel track that the plastic pivot slides along measures approx. 13 inches and the arm measures approx. 10 inches. The arm is a single bar not two as your picture shows.

So, I guess my question is, do I measure the bar length or the stainless slide length. to determine if I need the 10 inch or 14inch?

The photo with the sticker is for another window that is the same except it is a L.H. swing.

Thanks Again!

Don

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG-4963.JPG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG-4764.JPG
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

The length is determined by the base arm on which the black plastic pivot slides. If your hinge is 13" long, this exact length is no longer made, but but I think you'll be okay using the 36-004-14 14" set. Just be sure to replace both hinges in the window at the same time. These hinge sets can be used with either left or right-handed windows. 

Watch How To Repair A Casement Window Crank Operator
Watch How To Repair A Casement Window Crank Operator
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.