Simonton Patio Door Lock

A quick learner from Swartz Creek Mi says:
I would like to know by looking at the pictures if I could just replace the lock mechanism for those patio door. When I go to lock it it doesn?t quite catch or it?s loose. So what I?ve been doing is in the summer I have to turn in one bolt out so that the lock mechanism will catch. In the winter I have to tighten it so that I don?t catch but I still have to settle far with the latch mechanism to have it come out or just it?s not working.
So what I will do is send some pictures
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named webcam-8/7/2020, 4:14:54 PM.png
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named webcam-8/7/2020, 4:15:27 PM.png
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named webcam-8/7/2020, 4:16:15 PM.png
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named webcam-8/7/2020, 4:16:44 PM.png
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

It sounds like you might need a new mortise lock. One way to confirm is to remove the handle from the door entirely and then try to throw the mortise with a screwdriver. If it still doesn't work right, then you've found the culprit.

Assuming that's it, you can use our 82-226 to replace what you have now.

A quick learner from Swartz Creek Mi says:
If I have to replace handle which one is it please.
Swisco staff is awesome!
Thank you in advance, Deb
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

You're very kind to say so, Deb! If you also need the handle, then that would be the 82-086.

How to install a Legacy Handle Set
How to install a Legacy Handle Set
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Sliding Glass Door Latch Lever
How to Replace a Sliding Glass Door Latch Lever
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to maintain a sliding glass door
How to maintain a sliding glass door
GUIDE
READ >
Legacy Patio Door Handles, Locks & Spindles
Legacy Patio Door Handles, Locks & Spindles
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.