Simonton Window Balancers

A home owner from Springfield VA says:

Hi

I need the part# for a replacement balancer with shoe for my windows. The attached pictures show the model information for my windows.

Thanks

Kris

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20210318_231918236_iOS.jpg
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

Hey Kris. I'm afraid that sticker doesn't tell us anything. Simonton uses a few different types of balances in their windows, so removing and showing us your old hardware is the only way to go here. From there we'll do our best to ID what you need. 

A home owner from Springfield VA says:
Hi Bob, Thanks for the response. I have attached a picture of the hardware.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20210318_222303601_iOS.jpg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Bob's not here today, but I can help you. This old Simonton balance system actually isn't made anymore, but you can use our Certainteed balance system as a substitute. See our 15-192 shoe, 15-156 cover, and 15-157 bushing. You'll also want the Series 170 and Series 171 spring. The video below will show you how all these parts work together.

One important thing to note is that the Certainteed balance system is not exactly the same as the Simonton, but it is the only thing on the aftermarket that's going to work for you. As such, it may not be a perfect fit. You may even need to reuse the metal cam off your own shoe in order for ours to work, so make sure not to throw anything out.

SWISCO S170 and S171 Coil Balance Assembly
SWISCO S170 and S171 Coil Balance Assembly
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to remove window pivot shoes
How to remove window pivot shoes
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.