Simonton coil pivot lock shoe

A handy person from Potomac, MD says:
circa 2007 simonton vinyl window. Need replacement pivot shoe lock. See photos
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_1998.JPG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_1957.JPG
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

I believe you can use our 15-192 pivot shoe, Series 170 bottom and Series 171 top coil springs, 15-156 cover, and 15-157 drum. The video below will show you how all these parts work together.

I ordered the 15-192 pivot shoes as that was the only broken parts I have. I pieced it back together for the photos but the shoe is broken in half. Does 15-192 come with the cam or will my existing cam work?
Profile picture of Tom

The 15-192 does come with a cam, yes; you can see it in its product photos on our site. However, you still may need to reuse your cam anyway. There are some Simonton pivot bars that have trouble working in our part. It's easy enough to switch them out, so it's not a big deal, but just make sure that you don't throw out your old ones.

Following up, I had to trim the 15-192 down to about 7/8" to get them to fit in the channel. I am missing the cams for some of my windows and you're right that my pivot bars don't fit in these new cams. See attached picture. Can you recommend a pivot bar that will work with my windows and these 15-192 cams?
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_2033.jpg
Profile picture of Tom

There is no pivot bar that will fit in both your window and the 15-192 cam, unfortunately. If you are missing some of your cams, then your only other option is to grind down the lip on the front tip of the original pivot bar to get it to fit.

SWISCO S170 and S171 Coil Balance Assembly
SWISCO S170 and S171 Coil Balance Assembly
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to remove window pivot shoes
How to remove window pivot shoes
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.