Simonton sliding door rollers clogged with dirt

A home owner from Monkton, VT says:
I purchased a home with a Simonton sliding glass door to the deck. The door has a heavy-duty sliding screen door as well. (Great screen door with large dogs sometimes visiting us.) That screen door has a roller attached to a spring-like piece of metal on the bottom that has broken off. I expect there are 4 of these on the door.

It appears the groove in the roller had gotten filled with some compressed dirt the consistency of slightly dried putty.

I am looking for a replacement roller - possibly a couple of rollers in case of future need.

Can you advise me on this. I coud also use some advice on the best way to remove the screen from the track and then re-insert into the track.

Thanks,

Ed
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Hey, Ed, thanks for contacting us. Now, I'm not sure exactly what roller you have based on this information alone. Could I see a few pictures of one removed from the door? That would be a huge help as we try to locate something to replace it.
A quick learner from Monkton, Vermont says:
Attached are the pictures of the the broken wheel that is from the screen track. I am interested in 1) purchasing some replacement wheels for the screen, 2) finding out how to easily remove the screen from the track and 3)replace the wheel.

Thank you...

Ed W
User submitted photos of a patio door roller.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Thanks, Ed! These pictures are definitely a good place to start, but it looks like part of your assembly broke off. There should be a long flat metal spring sticking out of the housing. As it is, I can't really say what roller you have exactly, but we have a few styles that may match, such as our 85-005M, 85-006S, and 84-008M, in addition to several others. But I can't be sure. Take a look through our Patio Sliding Screen Door Roller Section and see if you can find something that matches the complete assembly in your door.
How to repair a spring roller on a sliding screen door
How to repair a spring roller on a sliding screen door
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.