Simonton vinyl window lock

A handy person from Conroe says:
I need to replace the lock/latch on this Simonton window. The inside portion is broken. The windows were installed in Sept 2007. They are tan colored. Replacing the latch is obviously easy.
lock 1
lock
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Before I proceed to recommend any replacement parts for you, I would need to know the hole placement measurements of your window lock. This information is very important when narrowing down our selection.
A handy person from Conroe says:
Its 2 1/8 inches between the holes.
I should have measured that but I didn't. I can get that tomorrow. This specific window doesn't have a part number but others in the same line have the part number - 8415815/17. The lock is the same on both.
THanks,
Andy
Profile picture of Tom
We do not offer aligners, nor do we really feel they are absolutely 100% necessary. With that being said, our 90-161 window lock would be a good candidate as a replacement. It has been used in Simonton windows. Take a look. Do you think this could work for you?
A handy person from Belle Vernon says:
Where can I find this part?
Profile picture of Tom
Thanks for contacting us. I've placed you into an older thread regarding this same lock where we recommend our 90-161. Please look it over and see what you think.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.