Simonton windows

A contractor from Va Beach, VA says:
Hello. This is John from Atlantic Glass and Mirror. I have a customer that would like a bunch of balances, locks, etc replaced. I've looked on your website and sending you pics seems the easiest. Please let me know if you can help. Thank you.
John
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 11AAEDC7-1167-4B70-9F76-4BE84FB95108.jpeg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

We can definitely help with these parts, though there is a small catch. Before I get into that, see our 15-192 shoe, 15-156 cover, 15-157 drum, and finally the Series 170 and Series 171 springs. These parts will work for you, but the issue is that they're Certainteed brand, not Simonton.

This is due to the style of the pivot bar. Your older broken part is replaced by the modern 26-336, but the 26-336 and the Certainteed 15-192 are not compatible. Normally we recommend just reusing the metal cam from the old shoe, but yours looks pretty beat up and that may not be possible. As a result, you may need to shave down the tip of the 26-336 pivot bar so that it can fit in our shoe. Just something to keep in mind.

Otherwise, these parts should work perfectly well for you. The video below goes into more detail as to how they all work together.

SWISCO S170 and S171 Coil Balance Assembly
SWISCO S170 and S171 Coil Balance Assembly
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to remove window pivot shoes
How to remove window pivot shoes
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to replace a window pivot bar
How to replace a window pivot bar
VIDEO
WATCH >
Removing Rusted Pivot Bars
Removing Rusted Pivot Bars
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.