Single Hung Window Balances

A contractor from Eagle Point Oregon says:
I need some replacement balances for our single hung Cascade Windows. They are stamped 23 4. And we need a replacement take out clip.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Balance Hardware.JPG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Balance Bottom Back.JPG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Balance Top.JPG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Take Out Clip.JPG
Profile picture of Emily
Emily from SWISCO responded:

Hey there!

It appears you have an extended travel channel balance which has a pulley wheel built into the bottom fitting itself, as well as an extended cord travel and a metal channel length of 23-7/8". We can certainly help but this will need to be a custom order. I just need a few more details before we go any further. Can you show me a photo of the metal clip at the end of the pulley cord? And how many balances are you looking to purchase? 

Thank you!

A contractor from Eagle Point Oregon says:
There is no metal clip at the end of the metal cord/pulley wheel on this type of balance. I would need up to 16 in the 23-4 size.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Balance Bottom side.JPG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Balance Bottom Back.JPG
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Hey there! Emily isn't here today but I can help from here.

All of these balances are made with a metal clip at the end of the cord as a rule. They're not made any other way. This is how the balance anchors to the window track so that it can operate. If there was no hook then the balance simply wouldn't function.

The bad news is that the hooks come in a bunch of different designs, none of which are compatible. If we can't see it, we won't be able to proceed. It's a very important detail. 

Please triple check the end of the cord and get back to us. 

How to Repair a Jammed Window
How to Repair a Jammed Window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Broken Take Out Clip
How to Replace a Broken Take Out Clip
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.