Single Wheel Glass Door Roller Assembly

A home owner from Colorado Springs, Colorado says:
I'm looking for 2 identical rollers. They are the inner portions of the total assembly (which we could not get out of the door). They each have the 'A-S NYC 7873' markings. They pop in and out of the total frame assembly manually, as the extended wheel axel fits into this outer assembly. There is also a long screw that raises and lowers the wheel.

I have looked at all of the single wheel assemblies on you website with no matches to what I need.

Please help!

Thank you!

Dean
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20190630_154434.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20190630_154445.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20190630_155802.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20190630_155955.jpg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for your patience in this matter, Dean. I'm confident that we can replace this roller, but not the inner portion. Very few rollers have the inside portion available by itself. You'll need the complete assembly, outer housing and all, which means you'll have to remove that from the door and show us the whole thing together in order for us to ID a match. There's no other way.

Let me know if you're able to get that to us and we will do our best to find a match.

A home owner from Colorado Springs, Colorado says:
I had sent off a reply, but you must not have gotten it. You could give me your best guesses as to which part(s) might work or me. (I have no inclination to take apart the sliding door, as it requires much help from others to do so). I want you to let me know what you suggest might work. Please respond with your suggestions. I will purchase one or two of your suggestions. Also, see original description I posted. Thank you!
Dean
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20190630_154445.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20190630_155848.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20190630_155955.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20190630_160424.jpg
Profile picture of Tom

Hi there Dean and welcome back. The parts you show us were a part of the Allen Stevens business in NYC. They have been out of business for quite some time now, but I believe we can still help. We are going to assume the diameter of your wheel is 1-1/2". If that in fact is true, you may be able to use our 81-004 roller assembly. We have known this roller assembly to be very popular in the Allen Stevens' brand. 

To both remove and install the roller assembly, you will need to remove the bottom door rail from the glass. 

A quick learner says:
I have the same roller, the AS NYC 7873. What if the wheel is 1 1/4, does the 81-004 model still work?
Thank!
J
Profile picture of Tom

I'm afraid the previous customer never did get back to us as to whether our suggestion worked, however I have heard confirmation from many other customers in the past. It's just important to understand that it may not be a simple project. You should expect to have to do a little handiwork to get it to fit in the door just in case.

How to identify patio door rollers
How to identify patio door rollers
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Patio Sliding Glass Door Roller [1080p]
How to Replace a Patio Sliding Glass Door Roller [1080p]
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to maintain a sliding glass door
How to maintain a sliding glass door
GUIDE
READ >
How to replace a sliding glass door roller
How to replace a sliding glass door roller
GUIDE
READ >
Identifying the right replacement roller for your sliding glass door
Identifying the right replacement roller for your sliding glass door
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.