Single Wheel Sliding Door Replacement for WS

A handy person from Leesburg. VA says:
Hi see pictures. The dimensions are ~ 2.5" end to end, 1.25" inch tall, 0.75" wide, 1 1/4" wheel. Note the adjustment screws on top (vs bottom). These are approximate measures. The picture with the two wheel assemblies, the top one is a replacement that did not work because the adjustment screw was on bottom, it likely would have worked if screw was in right place, I think its wheel was a tad larger, hence the guess of 1 1/4" wheel for the original. The pictures with dimensions is of the potential replacement that did not work, NOT THE ORIGINAL. Hope you can help me ID the appropriate replacement. I had a look through the single wheel assemblies and nothing matched the original from what I could tell. I thought maybe with #81-032B or #81-081? Thanks for your help!
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_7659.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_7658.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_7656.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_7655.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_7967.jpeg
Profile picture of Emily
Emily from SWISCO responded:

Hello!

How about our 81-033? Double check your dimensions and compare them to ours to see if this matches up to your old roller.

Alternate image for 81-033
Alternate image for 81-033

Hi - looking for a replacement. Thanks for your help!!

Note the adjustment screw on the top (vs bottom).

The wheel is 1 1/4" diameter.

The total length is 2 7/8". The length of the housing is 2 1/8".

The height of the housing is 1 1/8".

The width of the housings 3/4" and the little ears are 1/16" of so. That may make the total width 7/8. "

The plastic piece is 3/4" tall and 1/2" long and 3/4" wide.

Also, for whatever assembly you recommend what would be the mounting screw requirements? It seem like replacements do not include mounting screws.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_8026.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_8027.jpeg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Hello! Emily isn't here today, but we should be able to help.

Based on the given dimensions and photos, I agree that our 81-033 is the best option. The dimensions seem to be more or less the same; the only major difference is length, but that actually doesn't matter since you have so much room in the track. We also don't sell that back plastic piece. I'm not sure what that is, but I would imagine that you can just reuse it if it's necessary for installation.

You will also need to reuse your old mounting screw, unfortunately. We don't sell one that is compatible with this roller assembly.

THANK YOU!

Can you tell me what mounting screw I need - the existing one is very worn and rusty and would like to replace.

Also, did you mean the white plastic piece (not black)? ... its part of the assembly and I do not think I can remove.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

I had said "back" plastic piece, as in the piece on the rear. Sorry for the confusion. As for the screw you need, I believe it would be a type of machine screw with a 1/4 x 20 thread count. You definitely want one that's self-tapping, too. Honestly your best bet maybe to take the original to a local hardware store to see if they can match it up, even if it is rusted. Some reference is better than none.

How to identify patio door rollers
How to identify patio door rollers
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Patio Sliding Glass Door Roller [1080p]
How to Replace a Patio Sliding Glass Door Roller [1080p]
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to maintain a sliding glass door
How to maintain a sliding glass door
GUIDE
READ >
How to replace a sliding glass door roller
How to replace a sliding glass door roller
GUIDE
READ >
Identifying the right replacement roller for your sliding glass door
Identifying the right replacement roller for your sliding glass door
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.