Single arm window case operator; K&K Window

A quick learner from Venice Beach, CA says:

Hello,

Something has broken within the case operator, and the pinion will now only open the window, not retract it. From what I've read on other posts, replacing just the pinion is not a solution. Therefore I'd like to find a suitable replacement case operator. 

My only other challenge is that it appears that the window casing does not have 'trim' that I can remove to reveal the screws to take out the old operator. I'd rather not replace the entire window, so I'm also looking for solutions to be able to get to the screws. 

Do I drill holes in the window so I can get to the screws vertically? Cut out the section of window covering the case operator? I live in southern california, so I'm not concerned about extreme hot or cold. Please advise. Thank you!

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 3B846D6A-6E43-4655-8A9F-1A6C819FB8AB_1_105_c.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 8A2B3A8B-7054-4708-BD63-0B82B035A551_1_105_c.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 82A88DC9-19E6-4021-BF40-BAC756BC4091_1_105_c.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 9D433904-23AB-42D0-BFFB-2BCF2E6652D1_1_105_c.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 2644DAC0-5748-448B-8987-51D8A3395A15_1_105_c.jpeg
Profile picture of Emily
Emily from SWISCO responded:

Hi there!

I recommend our 39-216 single arm operator. This looks like a good match but review our dimensions and see if you agree. 

You do have a sill trim, it just doesn't look easy to remove. You'll have to find a way to remove it or try to get some kind of funky right angle screwdriver, if such a thing exists. I'm afraid there's no other way to access those screws. 

A quick learner from Venice Beach, CA says:
Thank you!
Anatomy of a casement window
Anatomy of a casement window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to identify casement and awning operators
How to identify casement and awning operators
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.