Single hung non-tilt block and tackle balance

A quick learner from Boca Raton FL says:
See attached pictures. not sure how much they will help.
Markings: 22DS 37
Length: 23 inches
Need the balances and both end caps.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 22DS 37 BSI
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named end cap.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named full balance.jpg
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for writing in. We'd be happy to replace this balance for you, but it has to be custom made due to its unique design. Specifically, that stamp indicates that this balance used an extra-strong spring that none of our standard balances feature. We'd be happy to replace these for you via custom order, but I need a little more information to get this going. 

First off, we need to identify the fittings this balance uses. I believe the top fitting is our 19-041, which is often used with the 15-004 bottom fitting, but please review all the dimensions listed in the pictures for their respective shop pages to confirm. For the shoe, be sure to measure the depth or 'heel-to-toe' measurement. For the 15-004 that depth is 1-3/32". Let me know if your balance's shoe differs at all. 

Finally, how many of these balances do you need? Once we have all this sorted, I can draft a quote for you. 

A quick learner from Boca Raton FL says:
The shoe depth is 1". I think the right part is 15-005.
The top is correct.
Need two of them.
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

Fair enough! I just sent you an email with a custom link to order two 23" balances, with the 19-041 Top and 15-005 Bottom attached. These balances will be stamped 2270, which means they can support a window sash in the weight range of 34 through 37 pounds. Let me know if you have any further questions.

How to Replace a Channel Balance Attachment
How to Replace a Channel Balance Attachment
VIDEO
WATCH >
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.