Single hung window balances

A quick learner from Columbus OH says:
One window balance is stamped 34 30 W. The other window balance is stamped with 29 3 FH

Do you need pictures to tell me what replacements I need?
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:

Hi there- thanks for posting! 

Yes, we will need to see some pictures of the balance that you have. Specifically, the nylon attachments on either end of the metal channel. The stamp, which you provided, on each balance is also helpful so thank you for providing that. 

Lastly, we will need you to confirm that the length of the metal (only the metal) on the one balance is 35" and that the other is 30". After this, we should be able to tell you exactly what you need! 

Thanks. I?m attaching pictures. I measured and one is 30 inches and the other balances were 35 inches. Please let me know which I need to order.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named EEDE8C8C-A135-4A05-A865-F95EAA0E5491.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named F515E9BF-1CC1-4152-95D1-DE391D2DBAE0.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named BB51D864-2294-46F2-AB64-A8D7019C4E5F.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named B41BDAEF-31D8-4A61-85FA-67505D313700.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named FC9E938D-10E6-41BB-8A84-110D27D0F38A.jpeg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

I'm leaning toward S385-30 and S385-35. Just verify that you have the 1-3/32" shoe shown below. 3430 and 2930 are the "stamp options" that you'll want to order from our site.

Alternate view of 15-004
Alternate view of 15-004
I received my new S385-30 for two windows. One set went in perfectly. The other window after replacing the balances I can?t get the window to close and lock. I noticed on one side the balance shoe sticks out about an 1/8? while the other side is flush with the bottom of window. If I lift window and lower again and try to center it I always have one bottom shoe that sticks out. Any ideas what?s up this window and the balances?
Can you tell from picture which sash guide is needed for replacement for this single hung window which takes S385 balances?
Profile picture of Tom

Awesome, I'm glad the one pair worked. I'm not sure what the issue may be with the other pair, though it sounds like it could be a problem with the top sash guide. Check to see if it's broken on that window. There could be debris or something in the track that's preventing the balance from sitting comfortably where it should be.

As for the top sash guide itself, it's tough to say without seeing it removed. The top of it resembles the top of our 18-069, but you may want to remove yours to be sure.

A quick learner from Columbus says:
Can you tell me by looking at these photos please which sash guide I need to replace these. Thanks
Profile picture of Tom

Thanks for getting us those top sash guide photos. It does appear to be our 18-069. Let us know how you feel about it.

How to Replace a Non-Tilt Channel Balance
How to Replace a Non-Tilt Channel Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Repair a Jammed Window
How to Repair a Jammed Window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Top Sash Guide [1080p]
How to Replace a Top Sash Guide [1080p]
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
GUIDE
READ >
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.