Single hung window sash balance

A quick learner from Sacramento, CA says:

HI,

My front window sash is broke but I don't want to remove it until I have the replacement part on hand. Can you identify what part number it is from these photos I took while it was installed? If so, thanks in advance for your big help.

I will likely order 2 sash springs if that will be better for the window, which we open fairly frequently.

Profile picture of Casey
Casey from SWISCO responded:

Hello,

We'd be happy to help you find a new balance. We'll need the length of the metal balance channel, the spring stamped code on the metal balance channel and the depth of the bottom balance shoe. Thank you!

A quick learner from Sacramento, ca says:
Hi,
Thanks for your reply.
The length of the metal balance channel is 34?
The depth of the bottom shoe is 1?. (To be clear in what I measured, this is the distance the plastic bottom shoe comes out from the window side casing - and the shoe is pressed against the side casing)
Attached is a photo of the stamped code on the channel.

Thanks very much for your help.
Chris
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Chris, if you have the shoe shown below, then choose S380-34. It sounds like that's the measurement you took.

You'd choose "3340" as a stamp option at checkout.

Alternate view of 15-005
Alternate view of 15-005
A quick learner from Sacramento, ca says:
Hi Ben,
I think the bottom shoe is a bit diffferent on my sash channel . I?ve attached som photos. The depth is the same and the back wings look similar. But the ?front? looks different. Mine appear to be vertical at the tips of the ?u? groove that?s against the window. This one in the photo has tips that angle back from bottom to top.
I?m not sure the difference makes a difference. But they don?t look the same.

Thanks in advance for more help,
Chris
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

That's just a different style of shoe. Manufacturers seem to have trimmed off excessive plastic from the newer designs, probably to cut costs, but they fit in the same places and work the same as the old one you have. Go with S380-34.

Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.