Single hung window stop latch

A handy person from Calabasas CA says:
looking for this part. not sure what the technical name is for it. It's plastic, but metal would be better, as the plastic parts are prone to breaking. The photos I've included illustrate the part, however the tip which extends into the window frame to hold the window open is broken off (as seen in IMG_7760.
IMG_7761 is side profile minus broken tip which would extend about 1/2" to the left on photo.
IMG_7759 is top view of part as seen installed in window frame.
IMG_7762 is top view of part minus broken tip
IMG_7765 is window in frame. Visible is the metal strip the the latch tip would extend into to keep window open.
User submitted photos of a tilt latch.
A handy person from Calabasas CA says:
I have one window with one unbroken tilt latch. Please find attached the images of it.
User submitted photos of a tilt latch.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for contacting us! We can help you with this, I think. This part is not currently in our catalog but we are working on adding it for you. We will let you know as soon as it becomes available.
Profile picture of Donna
Donna from SWISCO responded:
Please see new SWISCO product code 26-436, Latch Kit
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)