Single hung window stopper

A home owner from Colorado Springs says:
Windows will not stay up. Photos are a piece of the part. Window World will install parts.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named A06194AE-5533-437E-B35C-07F9A45402AC.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named DC8BFF44-A248-428F-AAF8-02B6A4DD851B.jpeg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

This looks like a broken pivot shoe. Do you have an undamaged version we can see? I would also like you to tell me its exact width and thickness. Thanks!

Hi Tom. Three photos; the first two is from a fully operational window. Last one is a broken one. The width is ~2". It's 1/2" thick at the roller part

Profile picture of Tom

It's tough to say while it's still installed. I'm also not sure about those dimensions. I don't know any shoe that's 2" wide, which is huge. Most tend to be around 1" to 1-1/4". I would start by looking at our 15-015, which is similar to your design. You may want to remove it from the window to get more accurate dimensions. We have detailed measurements on the 15-015 store page that you can use as a reference.

I took another photo. It appears to be shaped like a C. It's 2" tall. 1" wise and 9/16" thick. The one you suggested is not it. Thanks.

Profile picture of Tom

I'm afraid I haven't been able to find anything that's only 1" wide that matches your style and specifications. Our 15-173 is 31/32" wide and 9/16" thick, but it looks very different from yours and I'm not sure if it will match. I highly recommend removing your shoe from the window before you measure. It's almost impossible to get an accurate measurement while it's still installed. 

How to replace a tilt window spiral balance.
How to replace a tilt window spiral balance.
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Remove a Pivot Shoe (Cutout Method)
How to Remove a Pivot Shoe (Cutout Method)
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to remove window pivot shoes
How to remove window pivot shoes
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.