Sizing ? 1/8" base for pile weatherstripping

A home owner from Minneapolis, MN says:
Hi! Taking my old pile weather stripping out, it's base appears to measure 1/8" but it looks like the smallest base size you offer is 3/16". Not sure on age of existing WS so maybe age deterioration could account for 1/16"..? Could the 3/16" base size still be an option for me? Are there 1/8" base size options available? I'm pretty confident the pile height is 3/16". See pictures attached. Thanks for your advice!
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named PXL_20230430_202604825.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named PXL_20230430_202629210.jpg
Profile picture of Jasmine
Jasmine from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for reaching out! There is one of our wool pile replacements that does have a 1/8" base but it has a pile height of 1/2", so you would likely need to cut the pile to fit your window but please be aware altered wool pile cannot be returned and I cannot guarantee that it would work. Take a look at the dimensions to see if this might work for you.

Profile view of 58-014
Profile view of 58-014

Also, you correct, the next smallest size we have is the 3/16". We do have samples that we can provide you with so that you can confirm if they work. There is a maximum of 5 samples and you would only be responsible for the cost of shipping.

A home owner from Minneapolis, MN says:
Thanks for answering my question so quickly! I think I will try the 3/16" x 3/16" option first... What is the difference between the weatherstripping 58-002 and weatherseal 58-021 product (fin-seal in the center of the pile)? Are they interchangeable?
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Yes, the fin seal you see running down the center of the 58-021 is the only difference. This fin seal helps keep moisture from leaking in from the outside. 

These two products are technically interchangeable, but it's important to keep in mind that the fin seal on the 58-021 will add a little extra material overall. It may not seem like much but that will result in additional friction as you open and close your windows, so they may not operate as smoothly. If your windows didn't use the fin seal type pile before, you may want to opt for the 58-002 instead.

How to Cut Out Pile Weatherstripping
How to Cut Out Pile Weatherstripping
VIDEO
WATCH >
Identifying Replacement Weatherstripping
Identifying Replacement Weatherstripping
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to replace wool pile weatherstripping
How to replace wool pile weatherstripping
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.