Sizing for wool pile weatherstripping.

A handy person from Las Vegas NV says:
Hi. I am replacing the wool pile from the aluminum windows from my 1963 home. After 6 decades, they seemed to be worn out from the harsh extreme Las Vegas heat after 6 decades. it has a metal / aluminum backing and is 1/4" wide and 1/4 inch high, but I'm thinking perhaps the height should be higher since it's worn out?. Should the height be higher than it currently is? What is the best replacement?

Thank you.
Santi
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_5943.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_5950.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_5947.jpg
Profile picture of Casey
Casey from SWISCO responded:

Hello,

We do not carry any wool pile with your exact measurements but the 58-045 is close. We can't determine if your pile height was larger at one time but you can measure the gap in your window to determine if 1/4" would suffice or if you might need something larger. Take a look and see what you think. 

Profile view of 58-045
Profile view of 58-045

Identifying Replacement Weatherstripping
Identifying Replacement Weatherstripping
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to replace wool pile weatherstripping
How to replace wool pile weatherstripping
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Cut Out Pile Weatherstripping
How to Cut Out Pile Weatherstripping
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.